As a single mom, Naseema McElroy has a fascinating financial journey story. She went from owning 5 properties to losing it all in the real estate crash to pursuing a career in nursing. Eventually, her nursing degree allowed her to secure a high paying job but she was in tons of debt and still broke.
In this interview with Naseema, we discuss how she was able to forge on in the midst of financial hardships, divorce and becoming a single mom. Her drive and resilience allowed her to bounce back from her setbacks and pay off $300,000 in debt in 2 years. While her financial journey is far from over, she is sharing her story and the lessons she’s learned along the way.
In my interview with Naseema, we discuss the following:
- Naseema’s background
- How she first got into real estate and lost it all in the market crash
- How getting married and then divorced affected her journey and finances
- Her journey to paying off $300,000 worth of debt in 2 years
- How she balances being a nurse and being a single mom
- Why she started her business, Financially Intentional
- Tips for single parents and divorced moms on how to get ahead with their finances
- Her best advice for someone looking to get out of debt and save more plus so much more
Share:I'm listening to Episode 16 of the #JourneyToLaunch podcast, Single Mom Naseema's Journey To Paying Off $300,000 of Debt in 2 Years Click To Tweet I looked rich to the outside world but everything was falling apart behind the scenes Click To Tweet I make way too much money to be this broke Click To Tweet It's 80% mindset and 20% the action you are going to take. It's about following the game plan and sticking to it Click To Tweet Celebrate your milestones, no matter how small Click To Tweet
Other related blog posts/links mentioned in this episode:
Naseema’s Site: Financially Intentional
YNAB – You can try it free for 34 days and after that its $5 a month or $50 a year. I recommend you at least sign up for the free trial. If you don’t want to continue after the trial, you will have at least practiced active budgeting for a month. If you sign up beyond the 34-day free trial using my referral link, you’ll get a month free and I’ll get a month free, seems like a win-win to me!
Connect with Naseema:
Connect with me:
- Journey To Launch Instagram
- Journey To Launch Twitter
- Journey To Launch Facebook Page
- Join the private Facebook Group
Journey To Launch Podcast
Sign up to my weekly newsletter and be the first to be notified about new podcast episodes, blog posts and more!