Money is one of the leading causes of stress and issues in relationships. Whether you are dating or married, getting on the same financial page with your partner is crucial to accomplishing your overall life goals. On today’s podcast, I’m talking with Elle Martinez from Couple Money. Couple Money explores how couples can build their finances together and just won Best Family Finance Blog at the 8th Annual Plutus Awards.
In today’s episode with Elle, we talk about the following:
- Why Elle started Couple Money and its mission
- How couples can merge two opposing goals or visions for the future and compromise
- The four different types of money date and what to do and not do on a money date
- The importance of building a budget together and the 3 types of budgets
- If all couples should merge their finances and how couples can boost their bottom line
- Preparing for the major milestones; having a baby and buying a home
- How a couple can plan to retire early together.
- What to do if one partner is not on board with improving or optimizing their finances
- How can people who are just dating or a single person approach the subject of money with a potential partner
Also, I share two huge announcements on this episode. First, I will be on the local NYC News 12 Bronx and Brooklyn stations as the financial expert on a new weekly segment. News 12 runs on Optimum Cable (channel 12) & Spectrum (channel 212). The first show will air today (November 8th) on News 12 Bronx at 4pm EST and News 12 Brooklyn at 5pm EST and will repeat over the next few weeks.
Here’s the preivew of the segment.
You’ll have to listen to this podcast episode to hear the second big announcement…
And here is the link to the first full segment!
Share:I'm listening to Episode 18 of the @journeytolaunch podcast, How Couples Can Get On The Same Financial Page w/ Elle from @CoupleMoney Click To Tweet A lot of couples don't discuss their finances until it's a problem... via @couplemoney Click To Tweet It's about respecting each other as you work towards a common goal via @couplemoney Click To Tweet A marriage does not complete you, it expands you.... via @couplemoney Click To Tweet Compromise is not a dirty word in a relationship via @couplemoney Click To Tweet
Other related blog posts/links mentioned in this episode:
YNAB – You can try it free for 34 days and after that its $5 a month or $50 a year. I recommend you at least sign up for the free trial. If you don’t want to continue after the trial, you will have at least practiced active budgeting for a month. If you sign up beyond the 34-day free trial using my referral link, you’ll get a month free and I’ll get a month free, seems like a win-win to me!
Connect with Elle:
Connect with me:
- Journey To Launch Instagram
- Journey To Launch Twitter
- Journey To Launch Facebook Page
- Join the private Facebook Group
Journey To Launch Podcast
Sign up to my weekly newsletter and be the first to be notified about new podcast episodes, blog posts and more!