Bola Sokunbi of Clever Girl Finance is on today’s podcast sharing how investing in herself and starting her own business led her to the path of Financial Freedom. Bola is a Certified Financial Education Instructor, an expert on everything money and founder/CEO of Clever Girl Finance, a website, and business to help women manage their finances to talk about just that.
The talk I had with Bola was very inspiring, especially since I’d one day like to turn Journey To Launch into my full-time business. In this episode, we talked about the mindset involved when starting a business, the money management strategies and the sacrifices one has to be willing to take. We also discuss Bola’s own financial journey and why she is so dedicated to helping women take control of their finances. This is a very informative episode for anyone thinking of starting up a business and who needs a bit of advice on budgeting, debt and overall money management.
Here are the main topics we talk about in the episode:
- Introduction to Clever Girl Finance
- Why Bola focuses on financial wellness for women
- How she helps women get to the point where they feel financially successful
- Bola’s story with money
- The great influence her parents had on her with money
- How moving to America affected her financial habits
- How she decided to do something that mattered and started a business
- The beginnings of Clever Girl Finance
- The sacrifices she had to make to start her own business
- How making a plan helped her manage her business well
- The importance of taking your business seriously
- The change of mindset that comes with investing in your own business
- The business mindset
- How to plan for different possible outcomes
- The benefits of investing in yourself and your business
- Why you should have a clear business plan
- What it means to put hard work into your business
- Why you should find a support system with like-minded people
- Managing money in a business
- The importance of having a solid strategy when taking on debt
- Sometimes it’s better to suck it up and first pay off your debt
- Budget your business like you budget your personal life
- How Bola personally manages her money
- How she designs her life around the lifestyle she wants
- How to balance your goals with your current situation
- Determining what a good life means to you
Share:I'm listening to Episode 22 of the #JourneyToLaunch podcast, How Investing In Yourself & Starting A Business Can Lead To Financial Success w/ Bola From @CleverGirlCGF Click To Tweet It’s not enough to use the financial products designed by men for men and put pink on it and sell it to women via @CleverGirlCGF Click To Tweet You want to learn how to manage money when you have little so you can manage it when you have a lot via @CleverGirlCGF Click To Tweet The alternative to not having an emergency fund was not continuing my dream via @CleverGirlCGF Click To Tweet Ask yourself- how does your spending help you get to that goal you want in the future? via @CleverGirlCGF Click To Tweet
Other related blog posts/links mentioned in this episode:
Leave me a voicemail– Leave me a question on the Journey To Launch voicemail and have it answered on the podcast!
Watch me on News12 Watch my latest segments on News12
My One on One Money Coaching Services – Get my personalized 1on1 money coaching expertise to help you reach your financial goals
The Wealth Building Manual – A step by step guide to building wealth
YNAB – You can try it free for 34 days. I recommend you at least sign up for the free trial. If you don’t want to continue after the trial, you will have at least practiced active budgeting for a month. If you sign up beyond the 34-day free trial using my referral link, you’ll get a month free and I’ll get a month free, seems like a win-win to me!
Connect with Bola
- Bola’s website: Clever Girl Finance
- Bola’s podcast: Clever Girls Know
- Find Bola on Instagram, Facebook , Twitter and Youtube
Connect with me:
- Journey To Launch Instagram
- Journey To Launch Twitter
- Journey To Launch Facebook Page
- Join the private Facebook Group
Join me on the Journey to Financial Freedom!
Get weekly emails, exclusive content, and access to the resource library of worksheets, checklists & tools. Start your Financial Freedom journey today!