When it comes to saving, frugality is so more than just a habit, it’s a lifestyle choice. Liz Thames, affectionately known as Mrs. Frugalwoods, allowed a frugal lifestyle to help fuel her family toward Financial Independence and a simpler lifestyle in the woods of Vermont. Retired at 32, Liz and her husband made it a priority to make tough decisions on spending in order to save 70-80% of their income. She shares much of her wisdom on her blog, Frugalwoods, and we are delighted to have her be a part of this show. Their new book, Meet the Frugalwoods: Achieving Financial Independence Through Frugal Living Book is set for release and readers that pre-order by March 13, 2018, will receive a signed bookplate! Details are listed in the links below.
(Also, YNAB, my favorite budgeting app is giving Journeyers a 2-month free trial, no credit card required to try their amazing budgeting system, check it out here!)
In this episode, we talk about:
- How frugality can simplify your life and catapult your savings goals
- How important it is to consider what makes you happy in making savings/retirement plans
- The simple formula for achieving Financial Independence
- How to cut your expenses to achieve the lifestyle you desire
- The significance of understanding the opportunity cost of the money that you are spending.
- The importance of remaining mentally connected to your financial goals
- How finding meaningful hobbies can help to keep you focused during the wait of finding Financial Independence
Other related blog posts/links mentioned in this episode:
- Frugalwoods’ Uber Frugal Month Challenge
- Meet the Frugalwoods: Achieving Financial Independence Through Frugal Living Book Pre-order and Signed Bookplate
- How We Saved $169,000 in 2 Years With the Help of This Budgeting System
- Join The Weekly Newsletter List
- Leave me a voicemail– Leave me a question on the Journey To Launch voicemail and have it answered on the podcast!
- Watch me on News12 Watch my latest segments on News12
- My One on One Money Coaching Services – Get my personalized 1on1 money coaching expertise to help you reach your financial goals
- YNAB – Start managing your money and budgeting so that you can reach your financial dreams. Sign up for a free 2 month trial of YNAB, my go-to budgeting app by using my referral link.
Connect with The Frugalwoods on:
Connect with me:
- Journey To Launch Instagram
- Journey To Launch Twitter
- Journey To Launch Facebook Page
- Join the private Facebook Group