Bringing in as much income as possible in order to reach your financial goals is key but that doesn’t mean you can’t get ahead if you don’t make a lot of money. Kara Perez, the creator of Bravely Go, is living proof that is living proof that as long as you’re willing to put the work in, achieving your financial goals with a low income is completely possible. After taking on more than $25,000 in student loan debt, Kara, extremely unhappy with her situation, started to research ways to quickly pay off her debt.
After becoming inspired by personal finance blogs such as Frugalwoods, Kara paid off $25,302 in loans on a salary of less than $30,000, the final $18,000 in just ten months. After becoming debt free in June 2015, Kara created Bravely to help other women take control of their financial lives.
In this episode we discuss:
- How a simple Google search inspired her to pay off $18,000 in student loan debt in 10 months
- How paying off her debt deepened her relationship with others
- How her personal finance blog, Bravely Go, came to fruition
- Why women have become her target audience
- Kara’s 10 financial commandments for women
- The significance of value-based spending and spending on the things that you love
- Kara’s next financial and life goals
At the end of the podcast, I also talk about the waitlist to the soft launch of my monthly membership program. Get monthly tips, tools, and classes to help you launch to Financial Freedom. Click here to sign up and be the first to be notified when the doors open in Summer/Fall 2018.I'm listening to Episode 49 of the #journeytolaunch podcast, Bravely tackle debt & Take Control of Your Finances w/ @bravelygo Click To Tweet “No one on a white horse was going to come in and save me. I needed to save myself so that I could live the life I really wanted.”-@BravelyGo Click To Tweet If you don’t build your dream someone will hire you to help build theirs. -@BravelyGo Click To Tweet It’s crucial to talk about money so that we can all learn and get better. Click To Tweet It’s okay to have value-based spending and spend a little on the things that you love. Click To Tweet
Other related blog posts/links mentioned in this episode:
- Kara’s 10 Financial Commandments All Women Should Live By
- My interview with Mrs. Frugalwoods of the Frugalwoods Financial Independence blog
- Jon Morrow’s Interview about Making Significant Changes
- Join The Weekly Newsletter List
- Leave me a voicemail– Leave me a question on the Journey To Launch voicemail and have it answered on the podcast!
- Watch me on News12 Watch my latest segments on News12
- My One on One Money Coaching Services – Get my personalized 1on1 money coaching expertise to help you reach your financial goals
- YNAB – Start managing your money and budgeting so that you can reach your financial dreams. Sign up for a free 2 month trial of YNAB, my go-to budgeting app by using my referral link.
Connect with Kara:
Connect with me:
- Journey To Launch Instagram
- Journey To Launch Twitter
- Journey To Launch Facebook Page
- Join the private Facebook Group