Being on the journey to Financial Independence doesn’t always mean that you have to sacrifice the finer things in life. The Luxe Strategist, a personal finance blogger, is a 30-something New Yorker that saves half of her income and still enjoys the comfort of luxury items and deluxe travel.
Growing up as the child of low-income refugees, The Luxe Strategist knew struggle and hardship all too well. As an adult, she made the decision to paint her own picture of what it means to be financially savvy and successful. Today, The Luxe Strategist proudly boasts hefty savings, trips to places like Paris and Hawaii, sporting $400 sneakers, and she shares every bit of her personal finance journey on her blog, The Luxe Strategist.
In this episode we discuss:
- What motivated her personal finance journey.
- Her love for and “luxury”/nice things?
- Having nice things and still being financially responsible
- How to evaluate making luxury purchases
- What puts her in the position to be able to make luxury purchases
- How The Luxe Strategist resells clothes for extra income and how you can get started.
- How she saved half of her income on less than 6-figures
- How to find the threshold for saving as much as you can until it hurts (using paycheckcity and other methods)
- How The Luxe Strategist saves money in an HCOL
- Whether or not FI is a goal for her
Check out the sponsor for this episode, YNAB and sign up for a free 2-month trial!
At the end of the podcast, I also talk about the waitlist to the soft launch of my monthly membership program. Get monthly tips, tools, and classes to help you launch to Financial Freedom. Click here to sign up and be the first to be notified when the doors open in Summer/Fall 2018.Click To Tweet Personal finance for people who like nice things. @luxe_strategist Click To Tweet You want to save, but you also wouldn’t mind spending on luxuries that matter to you, and, despite what anyone says, these two things are NOT mutually exclusive. -@luxe_strategist Click To Tweet
Other related blog posts/links mentioned in this episode:
- The Luxe Strategist Blog
- The Luxe Strategist’s plan to purchase a Cartier Tank Watch
- How Luxe Strategist saved half of her income on a less than 6-figure salary
- Join The Weekly Newsletter List
- Leave me a voicemail– Leave me a question on the Journey To Launch voicemail and have it answered on the podcast!
- Watch me on News12 Watch my latest segments on News12
- My One on One Money Coaching Services – Get my personalized 1on1 money coaching expertise to help you reach your financial goals
- YNAB – Start managing your money and budgeting so that you can reach your financial dreams. Sign up for a free 2 month trial of YNAB, my go-to budgeting app by using my referral link.
Connect with The Luxe Strategist:
Connect with me:
- Instagram: @journeytolaunch
- Twitter: @JourneyToLaunch
- Facebook: Journey To Launch
- Join the private Facebook Group