(This post may include some affiliate links)
Minimalism, the practice of simplifying your life by living with fewer possessions, is a lifestyle choice that fits perfectly within the journey to Financial Independence. The concept of “quality over quantity” and “less equals more” allows you to spend and consume in ways that are in alignment with your life and financial goals.
This week’s guest is Joshua Becker, a best-selling author and the Founder and Editor of Becoming Minimalist. Joshua has become one of the leading voices in the modern simplicity movement reaching over 1 million readers every month. Through the use of his platform, Joshua inspires others to pursue their greatest passions by owning fewer possessions.
In this episode we discuss:
- Joshua’s epiphany moment of clearing out his garage
- How he began to make the necessary adjustments to his life
- How owning less stuff leads to more time, more energy, more freedom, etc.
- The differences in decluttering, organizing, de-owning, simplifying
- The importance of de-owning
- How to simplify your time (let go of overwhelm)
- How to implement being a minimalist if you have children
- How thoughtful consumption and consumerism with the idea of owning less and the FIRE movement go hand in hand
Sign up for Joshua’s new quarterly magazine Simple Money hereI'm listening to Episode 64 of the #journeytolaunch podcast, How Your Guide to Becoming a Minimalist & Simplifying Your Finances w/ @Joshua_Becker Click To Tweet Every increased possession adds to increased anxiety. @joshua_becker Click To Tweet As a result, we discovered more money, more time, more energy, more freedom, less stress, and more opportunity to pursue our greatest passions: faith, family, friends. @joshua_becker Click To Tweet Minimalism gives you the chance to pursue happiness outside of your physical possessions. @joshua_becker Click To Tweet We need much less than we think we need.” -Maya Angelou Click To Tweet
Other related blog posts/links mentioned in this episode:
- The 10 Most Important Things to Simplify In Your Life
- 15 Clutter Busting Routines for Any Family
- Don’t Just Declutter De-own
- Simplify Magazine
- Sign up for the Simple Money Quarterly Magazine here
- The More of Less: Finding the Life You Want Under Everything You Own
- Join The Weekly Newsletter List
- Leave me a voicemail– Leave me a question on the Journey To Launch voicemail and have it answered on the podcast!
- Watch me on News12 Watch my latest segments on News12
- My One on One Money Coaching Services – Get my personalized 1on1 money coaching expertise to help you reach your financial goals
- YNAB – Start managing your money and budgeting so that you can reach your financial dreams. Sign up for a free 2 month trial of YNAB, my go-to budgeting app by using my referral link.
Connect with Joshua:
Connect with me:
- Instagram: @journeytolaunch
- Twitter: @JourneyToLaunch
- Facebook: Journey To Launch
- Join the private Facebook Group