(This post may include some affiliate links)
This week’s episode was recorded at FinCon, the world’s largest financial content expo that brings together more than 2,000 digital content creators/influencers and brands in personal finance and investing. I was very excited to attend my 2nd FinCon and I am happy to say that I had another great experience. I got to hang out with fellow money nerds, past guests and even some Journeyers who listen to the podcast.
While I was there, I had the chance to speak with Chris Hogan, a financial speaker for Dave Ramsey’s Ramsey Solutions. As a former football player and business consultant, Chris found his passion in finance after he took a strong interest in the financial crises of his clients. Chris is a dynamic speaker that speaks on financial subjects such as mortgages, healthcare and investing. It was great to be able to hear his ideas on building wealth and achieving financial goals.
(Pre-order Chris’ new book, Everyday Millionaires and get all the bonuses that Chris mentions in the episode here )
In this episode we discuss:
- How a background in sports and coaching helped mold his winning mindset
- Why becoming a millionaire all starts with a belief
- The qualities of everyday millionaires
- The 5 things millionaires embody, have and do
- The myths of the wealthy and demystifying millionaires
- The important distinction between a million in income and a million in net-worth
- How fear and apathy keep people stuck from reaching their goals
- My experience at FinCon, networking tips and how to get the most out of conferences. Plus the growth I’ve seen since the last FinCon
Check out some pictures from FinCon 2018:
Chris Hogan and I recording the podcast
Ed the Millionaire Educator from Episode 5 of the podcast who talked about how he became a millionaire on a teacher’s salary
Other related blog posts/links mentioned in this episode:
- Pre-order Chris’ new book, Everyday Millionaires and get all the bonuses that Chris mentions in the episode here
- Join The Weekly Newsletter List
- Leave me a voicemail– Leave me a question on the Journey To Launch voicemail and have it answered on the podcast!
- Watch me on News12 Watch my latest segments on News12
- My One on One Money Coaching Services – Get my personalized 1on1 money coaching expertise to help you reach your financial goals
- YNAB – Start managing your money and budgeting so that you can reach your financial dreams. Sign up for a free 2 month trial of YNAB, my go-to budgeting app by using my referral link.
Connect with Chris:
Connect with me:
- Instagram: @journeytolaunch
- Twitter: @JourneyToLaunch
- Facebook: Journey To Launch
- Join the private Facebook Group