Money is a leading cause of stress. How you spend and manage your money directly stems from what you think about and how you feel about money. In this episode, I talk to Emily Guy Birken, an accomplished finance writer whose latest book “End Financial Stress Now” walks you through the exact steps on how to achieve the mindset of financial flexibility and improve your financial outlook. Even if you don’t feel overly stressed about your money, the concepts explained in this book will help you understand your relationship with money.
Here are just some of the things we discuss in this episode:
- Why it’s important to put a space between our finances and how we FEEL about our finances
- How to figure out what money means to you
- How to use the “Five Why’s” exercise to get to the root of your money problem
- The emotional meaning we assign to money and how that translates into how we treat money
- How to rid yourself of the scarcity mindset
- The Four Money Scripts and how to identify which one you use in your life
- Actual steps to take to improve your financial outlook plus so much more
Share:Click To Tweet Put a space in between your emotional reaction to money and the decisions you make around money @EmilyGuyBirken Click To Tweet Money can't buy you security, you are your own security @EmilyGuyBirken Click To Tweet It's more important to be resourceful that it is to have resources Click To Tweet Do not accept anything for FREE that you would not pay for @EmilyGuyBirken Click To Tweet
Other related blog posts/links mentioned in this episode:
Get a copy of Emily’s book- End Financial Stress Now
YNAB – You can try it free for 34 days and after that its $5 a month or $50 a year. I recommend you at least sign up for the free trial. If you don’t want to continue after the trial, you will have at least practiced active budgeting for a month. If you sign up beyond the 34-day free trial using my referral link, you’ll get a month free and I’ll get a month free, seems like a win-win to me!
Connect with Emily:
Connect with me:
- Journey To Launch Instagram
- Journey To Launch Twitter
- Journey To Launch Facebook Page
- Join the private Facebook Group
Journey To Launch Podcast
Sign up to my weekly newsletter and be the first to be notified about new podcast episodes, blog posts and more!