(This post may include some affiliate links)
This week Journey to Launch’s podcast episode features award-winning journalist and author, Cameron Huddleston. With over 17 years of experience writing about personal finance, Cameron recently combined her knowledge and personal experiences in her book, Mom and Dad, We Need to Talk: How to Have Essential Conversations with Your Parents About Their Finances. In this episode, Cameron breaks down how to have difficult financial conversations with your parents. Listen to episode 117 to learn how to get your parents’ affairs in order before it’s too late.
In this episode you will learn:
- How to talk to your parents about their finances
- The basics of estate planning and what to do first
- What questions to ask your parents during “the talk”
- The importance of setting expectations for you and your parents as they age
- How to prepare your parents for retirement and long term care
- Tips in case you need to add your parents to your financial plan
Other related blog posts/links mentioned in this episode:
Check out Cameron’s book, Mom and Dad, We Need to Talk: How to Have Essential Conversations with Your Parents About Their Finances
For tools on how to help your parents get organized or identify scams check out Cameron’s resources
Sign up to the Money Launch Club waitlist to be the first to be notified before anyone else when the doors open. The Money Launch Club is the membership community for Journeyers just like you looking to take their finances and life to the next level.
Join The Weekly Newsletter List
Leave me a voicemail– Leave me a question on the Journey To Launch voicemail and have it answered on the podcast!
Watch me on News12 Watch my latest segments on News12
Connect with Cameron Huddleston:
Connect with me: